Friday, September 26, 2014

High Life.......

Yes I am including a motor home story in the "high life" section
BLOG might gain some interest in a few days and actually contain some road warrior stories instead of road worryer stories.
Returned from Pendelton yesterday with another story of woe, "Woodpecker Trucking" had no sense of urgency in getting the repairs to our ride completed. They were simply waiting for the service bay that had the transmission (supposedly in Portland....more on that later) to get what they termed an "end cap" to the tranny. Were not able to find one quickly and was on back order. Had no idea what the time was to completion.
After returning to Jamie's, I stewed on this most of the night (after attending lego night at the library with the boys, a much needed distraction and enjoyment) and got up this morning with a determination to do something about the situation.
After 3 cups of coffee, sat down with my laptop and phone with somewhat of an idea (and a sharp coffee edge) of what my objective was. I felt that if "I" could find the part in need, then I could contact those putting us on hold with something concrete that would get them over the hump and push them along.....whether willing or unwilling, if I was to solve what appeared to be their problem they would have no choice.
Well.....after 4 hours of computer research, several phone calls and help from several great freight liner and allison folks, I was able to get the model and serial #s of the transmission using the VIN (by utilizing the freightliner hot line number that I was graciously supplied by "dwolfe" from Texas in reply to asking for help on an RV question and answer website that I have book marked). This in turn allowed me to successfully pursue the needed parts actual name and part number from the folks after calling the allison transmission hot line. Then.......I found an allison parts house on line and after several transfers and suggested contacts found the "rear flange cover...PN 29503089" in TKT Sales (specializing in allison parts) in North Carolina.
Then.....called the service center in Pendelton to let them know that the problem was solved and I needed the number to the transmission servicing center so that they can get the part. As a result of this I found that the tranny is not in Portland but in Ridge Field Washington. Oh well, the rest of the story is that the part is expected to be delivered on Monday, tranny on Dyno on Tuesday and shipped back to Woodpecker on Wed of next week. This should result in getting the rig back either late next week or early the following week. Hurrah!!!!!
This is the rig that towed us in........3 weeks ago!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment